Saturday, November 14, 2015

How much closer to a World War are we now since Paris?



My English class is currently working on a unit called "Times of War". The kids asked me if I thought there would ever be another world war. I told them the farther we get away from the last World War, the more likely we would have another one. Most people don't remember the devastation and horror of the last world war, so they don't know that it is something that needs to be avoided at all costs. The generation of terrorists that are deluded into throwing their lives away as a religious act have no connection to what happened in the world so many years ago, nor do most of the rest of the world. My parents lived through it, but they are no longer here and they were just kids. My grandparents lived through the worst of it, but they are long gone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment